Updated: Sep 22, 2020
1. You send your N400 application for citizenship;
2. You get the 1st USCIS notice 2-4 weeks later about your application being accepted or not, case number included;
3. A month or more later 2nd USCIS notice comes with the date of biometrics appointment (fingerprints);
4. 12 mo or more later 3rd USCIS notice comes with Naturalization interview date;
5. After you pass your interview, the Oath Ceremony is scheduled that usually takes place 2-4 weeks after the interview. That is when you officially become a U.S. citizen and
receive your Certificate of Citizenship. Now you can get your passport!